Switching Electric Companies
Are You Ready to Switch Your Retail Electric Company?
Top 5 Questions To Ask Yourself
- Am I unhappy with my current electricity provider?
- Is my current contract with an electricity supplier about to expire?
- Am I interested in Green Energy options?
- Could I benefit from a long-term fixed-rate or price protection contract?
- Do I live in a deregulated / competitive energy market?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, compare suppliers in your area now!
Electricity Companies in Texas: What to Compare
Some energy providers have month to month options and others offer plans that last as long as 5 years. Choose the option that best fits your ability to budget each month’s energy costs.
Some energy providers invest in renewable resources or offer plans that allow you to offset the negative effects of your energy use. Additionally, some companies allow you to choose your participation in Green Energy plans on a monthly or percentage basis.
You may be able to choose from a variety of rate and payment plans. Fixed rates provide long term stability and offer rates that hold steady for the duration of your contract. Indexed rates are tied to a specific pricing formula. Variable rates will fluctuate from month to month.
How to Switch Energy Suppliers
- Call the energy supplier or retailer who offers the plans and benefits you like
- Get quotes on rates and enroll in the plan that works for you
- Review the details of your new service contract when it is delivered via mail or email
- Look for your new supplier’s name on your next electricity bill. Your service will not be interrupted!
- If you experience a power outage or technical difficulty, contact your local utility as you normally would.